Thursday, March 23, 2006

And so it begins....

Didn't take me long to fall behind on my goal of posting once a week, but I will do my best to update whenever I can or if anything interesting is happening.
The title of this journal is about to become even more of a reality as the spring season is the start of fast pitch softball for Raven, her first scrimmage is today and her games start on the 30th of March and will continue probably until the end of the school year.

In another couple of weeks softball starts for Danielle and Maggie and then the fun REALLY begins :D I love watching them play and cheering them on, the running to and fro gets a little hair raising at times, but I do the best I can to make it to every game for all of them.

In addition to softball, Raven tried out for cheerleading last week and made JV for basketball season. She was disappointed to not make Varsity because she is going to be a junior next year, but there are so many girls returning who are seniors next year, and there are only 6 girls on each squad. I told her that she is still going to have a blast and that her senior year she'll be on varsity so just enjoy it and have fun.

They do things very differntly here. There is no dance/pom pon squad so the cheerleaders are basically both dance team and cheerleaders. Should be alot of fun, the whole town turns out for the basketball games and during warmups, the Pep Band (part of the marching band complete with uniforms)plays a bunch of tunes and the cheerleaders do dance routines to all the songs so it's quite the party atmosphere and that is what she thrives on.

Danielle is turning 13 on the 31st. Pity me...I will officially have 2 teenage daughters in the house. Lord, have Mercy on Me ;op

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home