Monday, December 12, 2005




I'm sorry it's taken so long to update, although I don't know exactly who I'm apologizing too...I think I'm the only one reading this :D There has been alot of things going on since my last post so I'll try to be brief and get anyone who happens to be reading this up to speed.

When I last posted, I talked about going to Ohio to meet Jeff's family for Thanksgiving. Well it went amazingly well and everyone in his family are as wonderful as I expected them to be. Got to see the house for the first time and was blown away by how beautiful it is. The only thing that put a damper on Thanksgiving is the fact that for the first time in 15 years, I didn't spend it with Raven.

Monday before Thanksgiving I get a phone call from Colleen, Raven's counselor with the drug court program, stating that Raven had failed 2 saliva tests for marijuana. Passed all the urine tests but failed the saliva. So I confront her and try to find out what the hell is going on. She said she was hanging out with her friends and they were smoking pot, and she hit the joint, but didn't inhale it. GREAT...now my kid is in the same boat as former president Bill Clinton. I guess that explains how she passed the urine test but failed the saliva one. <> So, needless to say she got locked up on Wednesday right before Thanksgiving and had to stay in juvey for 2 weeks. She just got out this past Thursday, the 8th of December. I hope she did some serious soul searching while in there. This detention put me in a huge dilema because, now her "clean time" has to start all over again...where she was going to be done next week , is now starting from scratch at 10 weeks once againl. I can't stay here another 10 weeks. Jeff signed the lease for the house December 1st. He's moving in next weekend. The girls and I are moving in the week between Christmas and New Year. So I have been trying to decide and settle on an arangement with the court and it has been a total nightmare.

The only 2 options I have now are basically...
A- Take her to Ohio with me, pray the prosecuting judge will drop the charge to a misdemeanor and that when she turns 18 it can be exsponged from her record. OR
B- She goes to stay with Grammy & Papa (my ex's dad and step mom) for the last 8 weeks of the program with them taking her to court and drops and counseling. But they are already trying to con her into staying with them longer than just the 8 weeks. Telling her if she stays with them for good she can have a car and get home schooled...I don't know about option B at this point.

Anyway the pics I posted above are of the new house. I can't wait to move in. It's 5 bedroom, 3 upstairs and 2 downstairs in the finished basement. There is a big living room with a gas fireplace, very nice Kitchen and Dining room, Lots of windows, lots of yard..a pond...2 car attached heated garage. Master Suite with French doors leading out to our own deck on the back of the house, with a master bath w/ a whirlpool tub and a walk in closet. It is AMAZING! And for the money??? You just can't lose!!

The thought of being with Jeff everyday makes me the happiest woman alive and I can't wait to start our new life together. It will be so nice to not have to sit endlessly on the computer to spend time with him. Don't get me wrong I love the PC and gaming and it will be fun to game with him in the same room and not have to wear a headset to talk to each other :D I'll post more soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home